Thursday, July 23, 2009

damn you barnes & noble

why does barnes & noble keep sending me email coupons? they must know my willpower is non-existent and it's a sure way to get me to buy another truck load of books. i love it... but, NOT FAIR! i know i know, i could very easily take myself off their email list, but what fun would that be?


i got a 20% off coupon today (code P3N9L8M- for anyone who cares to use it!)... and, of course i couldn't let it go to waste. i decided to get a book i've been wanting for a long time and another that i've just recently learned about. *drum roll please*


first, in defense of food by michael pollan. i've been wanting read this book for a LONG time and i'm really not sure why it's taken me so long to buy it. probably because it's newer, and hard to find used for $1.99. i'm not a vegan or vegetarian by any means, but i do think it's important to know what we're putting into our bodis. the husband and i have been making a great effort to start eating more healthful "whole foods" and i'm pretty curious to see what all pollan has to say. i've heard some great things.


secondly, i had (okay, i didn't HAVE too, but i WANTED too) get the green beauty guide by julie gabriel. i came across this book by way of girl v the world's blog and it looks pretty interesting and full of great information. i spent a good part of my afternoon yesterday browsing through the author's website and definitly liked what i saw. just as i think it's important to be knowledgable as to what we're putting IN our bodies, i think it's equally as important to be aware of what we're putting ON our bodies. i've been using korres products for awhile now, and am very happy with them, but am excited to learn about other natural/organic brands!
hopefully, barnes & nobles sticks to it's "3 day" delivery guarentee and these two little gems arrive before i move! haha...

5 comments:

  1. WOO! I'm super excited for you to read both of those! They are on my top 5 most favorite books ever! You'll have to tell me how you like them. Yeah, I ran out and bought Time Traveler's Wife today at Target because I simply MUST read it before I watch the movie.

    Oh, and now I have to go sign up for B&N coupons. My credit cards thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like awesome books!

    I have a serious book problem and can't leave a bookstore without spending hundreds of dollars. My husband really doesn't like it when I go book shopping anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it sad that you make me wanna get on their mailing list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously think both of these are great! I love love love books! and anything Green is always top for me!! you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are both definitely on my list too...i think girl v. the world may be influencing us a bit! oh, and did you buy those soaps yet? haha.

    ReplyDelete