
at this time tomorrow- i will be U-N-E-M-P-L-O-Y-E-D. eek.
this is going to feel awesome for about a week or two... maybe even three. but, after that i am going to be desperatly missing my steady cash flow. my goals for this time are to: a.) obviously find a new job b.) get a tan and c.) read as many of my unread books as i possibly can. i'm thisclose to finishing wally lamb's i know this much is true. i'm quite certian i've mentioned it on here before, but if you have not read this book, READ IT. IMMEDIATLY. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT- ABSOLUTE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ... EVER! next up is one of my recent purchases, in defense of food by michael pollan. i have high hopes... and i'm sure it will be an excellent use of my unemployed reading time.
i think i might be almost ready to move on saturday. but, i'm trying not to think about it, as it instantly stresses me the F out. instead, i'm going to think about chinese food. more specifically, spring rolls. what i wouldn't do for plate of spring rolls in front of me RIGHT NOW.
guess who's ordering takeout for dinner tonight... that's right, THIS GIRL.
okay, back to work. or, should i say... back to facebooking/emailing/gchatting/ anything and everything that does not involve anything even close to resembling actual work.
this is going to feel awesome for about a week or two... maybe even three. but, after that i am going to be desperatly missing my steady cash flow. my goals for this time are to: a.) obviously find a new job b.) get a tan and c.) read as many of my unread books as i possibly can. i'm thisclose to finishing wally lamb's i know this much is true. i'm quite certian i've mentioned it on here before, but if you have not read this book, READ IT. IMMEDIATLY. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT- ABSOLUTE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ... EVER! next up is one of my recent purchases, in defense of food by michael pollan. i have high hopes... and i'm sure it will be an excellent use of my unemployed reading time.
i think i might be almost ready to move on saturday. but, i'm trying not to think about it, as it instantly stresses me the F out. instead, i'm going to think about chinese food. more specifically, spring rolls. what i wouldn't do for plate of spring rolls in front of me RIGHT NOW.
guess who's ordering takeout for dinner tonight... that's right, THIS GIRL.
okay, back to work. or, should i say... back to facebooking/emailing/gchatting/ anything and everything that does not involve anything even close to resembling actual work.

I have spent the past 4 hours at work while not actually doing work. I love it when the boss is gone!
ReplyDeleteI've wanted to read In Defense of Food for awhile, so when you get to it please let us know what you think.
Hey, I'm bored too and I'm employed. I'm pretending to work, actually. Something about this week just makes me find ways of effing around instead of actually working. Something must be wrong with me...eh, who cares.
ReplyDeleteAt this exact moment next week I will officially be unemployed. And it scares the living crap outta me. With the condo still for sale...and that hefty mortgage payment looming in my head I don't think I will get to enjoy even one day of being jobless. Here's to hoping my job search in Kansas City is quick and painless!
ReplyDeleteI read 'I know this much is true' twice!! Its so amazing...he is such a great author! have your read shes come undone, by him? also very good. i never got into In Defense of Food...I kept trying to pick it up and never got into it far enough...but I do hear its very good though! {I hope you find a job soon!} :)
ReplyDeletei hate this week. this week can kiss my ass. i hope this week dies. slowly. painfully.
ReplyDeleteand now it's pouring rain. fml.
ReplyDeleteand the power is flickering. i'm going to bed.
ReplyDeleteI think I want to read I know This Much is True.
ReplyDelete