who are we kidding? like i could actually quit my blog. let's chalk that idea up to a terrible day at work and lack of seeing my husband, combined with a side of PMS and a messy apartment. work is still terrible and i never see my husband, but the PMS is gone (for now) and the apartment is finally clean again. i have [somewhat] mellowed the fuck out. pardon my french.
so... umm, updates? i HATE my new job. it's quite possibly the most heinously boring job in the entire world. i've never really had a job i've HATED before. strongly disliked, yes... but not HATED. well, at least not while i was still working there.... the good/bad news, is that my company was officially bought out, as of the first of this month, and i may not have this job by the end of the year. odds are the madison office will be closing... and, my ass will be out on the streets. i've already started half-assedly looking for new jobs... but, the motivation isn't really there, since (as of now) i have a steady paycheck. woe is me. husband, please finish school so i can procreate and stay home and drink wi... i mean, stay home with my babies.
speaking of husband, i feel like i no longer have a husband. i suppose i don't really have a right to complain, as there are so many women out there who go months and years without seeing their military hubs... when mine has just been kidnapped by grad school. i keep telling myself that it's only for two years... but... i miss him. sad face. the ONE perk to him constantly being gone until 10 or 11 at night? girl shows. i can watch as many girly tv shows as i want... and nobody is here to complain. tonight, being "greys night", i'm actually pretty okay with him being gone. that is, until 9pm rolls around, my show is over, and i have to go to bed by myself again. oh! and i can get my fill of keith and rachel (olbermann and maddow...) without his running commentary coming from the other room... so, i guess it's not all bad... but, it's definitly not all good. i'm hoping that tonight, he'll at least get home before i go to bed. i think i've seen him for a grand total of MAYBE 4 or 5 hours this week- not counting sunday.
can i also talk about how thankful i am to be 26 and married, and not a drunken college student anymore? how many people say that?? i think i might be the only one. this past weekend we ventured up to our college for their homecoming, with my best friend and her boyfriend. husband and i went to the same college as V, who has posted a few lovely words on the subject (ahem, gang fight), and i honestly thought i'd never set foot in the town again, after leaving. this was the second time i ventured back, and although i had FUN with my friends... i'm so over that lifestyle. staying out until all hours and pounding down as many drinks as a girl my size can is fabulous for a weekend.. but, i'm quite certain a weekend is all i can handle. i'd much rather have a glass of wine, watch a movie, and be in bed by midnight. is that sad? meh.
lastly- i have a confession to make. i know that V (apparently i have a lot to include her in tonight) will be slightly horrified with/disappointed in me. i went to best buy, during my lunch hour today, to buy a charger for my ipod. i also planned on buying a magazine to read over the rest of my lunch, but apparently this best buy doesn't sell magazines. best buy also (apparently) only sells books that have been made into movies. since i didn't really have to time to make an additional trip to barnes and noble, and i've already read the lovely bones (LOVE), time travelers wife (LOVE), and my sisters keeper (HATE x 5000)... all that was left was... dun dun dun.... twilight. i can't believe i just wrote that. i can't believe that i bought it. so far, i'm 67 pages in... and the book is HORRIBLY written, obviously for the high school set, and yet somehow has managed to draw me in. let's say... ala dan brown, who's prose is also ridiculously terrible, and (yet) i somehow managed to read divinci code in a day. i'm sure i'll be finished with the damn book by the end of the weekend, and i like to think i won't feel the need to read the rest of the series. we'll see... i mean, i'm so uncool that i like going to bed by 9pm... so who am i to try and be cool enough to not read twlight? with that said, i still dispise harry potter. (although, to my credit, i did push myself through the entire first book before deciding that i hated it.. so... maybe the same goes with twilight? le sigh).
okay... i'm done now.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahaha. I felt the same way about the Twilight series. I grew to dispise the main characters (um, seriously in need of a good bitchslapping and holy creepo factor), and was irritated by much of the writing style, but still felt compelled to continue reading. The whole series. Though, by the end, I was flinging books accross the room in disgust. (Then picking it back up and reading some more. Ugh. Embarassing.)
ReplyDeleteI compared it to the worst soap I ever watched: Passions. Completely ridiculous, filled with characters who also needed a good slap or two, and yet I still tuned in. Every day. Ugh. Stupid addicting lameness.
ps: Glad you're back!!
ReplyDeleteOh good, happy that you're back! I was just starting to enjoy your posts when you took a break.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the sucky job.
Love Rachel & Keith too. Ever check out Colbert? He has been so great lately.
I think I'll skip the Twilight book series and just go right to the theater. I really enjoyed the first flick.
Have a good weekend...get in some good hubby time!
Holy crap, I didn't even know you were back. I'll have to add you back to my blog list. And what a nice surprise to come back and see that you've written lots about me. Not that I'm vain or anything, but I have to say this is one of your best posts :) Haha. Glad you had fun in college again for the weekend - did you get any shoes thrown at you? I forgot to ask when we were gchatting earlier.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you hate your job, but if it makes you feel any better, I HATE YOUR JOB TOO because we can't chat. I was going to say I don't even know what you're reading right now except that you did tell me about Twilight, and while disappointed, I'm looking forward to your commentary on it.
I guess one nice thing I can say about this kidney infection is that I've been able to really catch up on blogs.
Welcome back! I missed you.
ReplyDeleteSo, I read the Twilight series and I must say that I loved them, even though I agree that the writing is not good at all and the teenage angst is lame, but the story is so fascinating that it drew me in. I hope you're at least a little entertained.