
i have been a VERY lazy blogger these past few days... so, i've figured, what better way to get back into the swing of things than to jump on board for girl v the world's "2009 busy bookworm challenge"! what is this challenge you ask? let me tell you... and hopefully i get the details right!
first of all, i am to list all the books i am challenging myself to ready by the end of 2009. this should be pretty easy... but, also kind of hard, as i have SO MANY BOOKS that i am desperate to read. the key here- keep the list realistic! the second part of this challenge, is to post reviews, here on my blog, of each book i finish. i've already decided to do this, before the challenge, so that part is good to go! now, for my list:
- the abstinence teacher by tom perrotta (currently reading)
- in defense of food: an eaters manifesto by michael pollan
- memoirs of a geisha by arthur golden
- atonement by ian mcewan
- snow flower and the secret fan by lisa see
- she's come undone by wally lamb
- the diving bell and the butterfly by jean-dominique bauby
- loving frank by nancy horan
- the glass castle by jeanette walls
- three cups of tea: one man's mission to promote peace... one school at a time by greg mortenson & david oliver relin
- julie an julia: my year of cooking dangerously by julie powell
i'd say that's a managable list! especially considering my current state of unemployement, i have all the time in the world to read! there are about one thousand others that i'd love to add- who knows, maybe i'll surprise myself and be able to add to it?? i can only hope!

ohh that is a great list! I would love to read many of those as well! ...I have read, 'She's Come Undone" (heheh I think I have told you how much I LOVE it), 'the glass castle' (OMG AMAZING)and Memoirs of a Geisha.
ReplyDeletebut I have to read the others you listed!! I cant WAIT for your reviews :)
This sounds fun. I LOVE to read so I will definitely have to work on my list and join in.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally gonna try and do this. The problem is that I never know which books I want to read until I stumble to the library or nearest bookstore and pick one out. And since it's a challenge and I already read 1-2 books a week, I'm really gonna have to push myself. But it will be so much fun to be able to see what everyone is reading and get some reviews. I'm always looking for something new to read!
ReplyDeleteYay! Another person joins the challenge. Looking forward to your reviews, I haven't ready any of them!
ReplyDelete