... with madison! most notably- i love that i can walk. EVERYWHERE! farmers market? check. coffee shops (about 20)? check. the capitol? check. the lake- both of them? check. EVERYWHERE! i have not been able to do this for the past three years- effing chicago burbs allow you to walk.... NOWHERE. i walked to meet a friend for lunch today- and the husband and i have been going for LONG walks after dinner every nigh. i. love. it!
the apartment is still a complete disaster... but, i've been too busy walking to care all that much. this will change tomorrow though, as the inlaws are stopping by to see the place. i think they were slightly horrified on sunday, with how small it seemed when jammed full with boxes and furniture. it's still small since after most has been unpacked... but, a cozy small, not a cramped small. i think they will be pleasantly surprised.
and now- i'm off to have a glass of wine or two on our rooftop terrace and then possibly unpack another thing or two.
did i mention that i LOVE madison? i'm never moving back to chicago... at least not willingly.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah!!! that sounds awesome!!! i wana move to the city!!!
ReplyDeleteawww!! it sounds fabulous!! I love when you can just walk everywhere!! I am so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteI wish!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you've settled in!! I will miss being able to walk everywhere when we move!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! Wine on the rooftop sounds like the best thing ever! I'm so glad to hear you are happy there!
ReplyDeleteyay, i'm glad you are loving there! :) sounds like a perfect place to be living.
ReplyDeleteone of the attorneys i work for is from there and he loves it there! he always tells me i need to visit because it's just a beautiful town esp in the capital area! it's a 6 hour drive from where i live in MN so that's what is keeping me from making the journey.
I envy you. I wish I could walk everywhere. Granted, I could probably walk to the farmer's market in Coppell but I'm afraid of being hit by a moronic teenage driver in his mommy's BMW. Friggin' rich kids drive me nuts. But I digress...
ReplyDeleteYay for Madison!
Sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBeing able to walk everywhere is wonderful!!! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog- you are TOO hilarious. Love it!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm living in Chicago and we have been desperately trying to move to Michigan(yes, with the economy there??? GL to us!) and we also have this incredible desire to visit Madison! Maybe cuz everything we hear about it is so flippin perfect! I'm glad you are enjoying your new city!!! Husby just got a new job here (actually in Addison- western sub), so we're hear for awhile!!